Easy CBD Gummies to Make at Home
CBD, which stands for Cannabidiol, is among the several cannabinoid components found in cannabis. Its low THC level makes it safe to take as it does not give the user that infamous “high effect.”
As such, manufacturers readily make it available in different consumer products, such as oils, creams, soft gels, and of course, the well-loved delta 9 hemp gummies at ExhaleWell. Now here’s another interesting thing – it is actually very simple to make these CBD oil gummies in your home!
This post will help you learn how to finally make one.
What Are CBD Gummies
CBD gummies are edible candies that are to be consumed orally. It’s no doubt that CBD offers an array of health benefits, and yet some people just don’t like the taste of CBD oils or can’t tolerate swallowing capsules. For such cases, CBD gummies are indeed a great alternative.
Just like any regular candies, these gummies also come in different shapes, flavors, colors, and concentration levels. Moreover, each gummy has a specific dosage, so figuring out how many drops to use won’t be hard.
How to Make CBD Gummies at Home
So if you don’t want to experience a shortage of CBD gummies at home again, why not make your own? These soft bites are simple to create and customize. Keep reading because we will show you how!
Making CBD Gummies with the Microwave
Tools You’ll Need
- Food-grade silicone molds
- Cooking spray
- Measuring jug or bowl
- 2 tablespoons (40 g) of corn syrup
- 1 cup (240 ml) of a flavored beverage, such as juice or lemonade
- 4 1-ounce (7 g) packets of unflavored gelatin
- CBD oil in any concentration
- Spray the inside of your food-grade silicon molds using nonstick cooking spray. Set the greased mold on a baking pan to cool. After greasing the mold, place it aside on a baking sheet. You can use as many molds as needed.
- Pour 1 cup (240 ml) of flavored beverage into a microwave-safe jug. This might be juice, a sports drink, or even lemonade. Then, mix 2 tablespoons (40 g) of corn syrup with 4 1-ounce (7 g) packages of unflavored gelatin.
- Stir the gelatin and corn syrup into the liquid with a spoon. The powdered gelatin will absorb some of the liquid as the liquid sits, but it won’t fully dissolve. As you heat the liquid in the microwave, the gelatin will melt.
- Place the measuring jug in the microwave and heat the sticky liquid for 30 seconds on high power. Mix the mixture thoroughly and microwave for 30 seconds more. Finally, whisk the mixture again to dissolve the gelatin completely.
- Let the gummy mixture cool for at least 15 minutes to thicken and look like gel. Don’t mix the sticky mixture as it sets.
- You can use any concentration of CBD oil. Use 50mg of CBD oil to make mild-strength CBD gummies. For stronger CBD gummies, use a higher-strength oil.
- Carefully pour the liquid into each mold cavity. Fill each cavity to the top so that the gummies may be easily removed from the mold.
- To set the gummies, refrigerate the baking sheet with the mold inside. After 30 minutes, test to see if they’re totally set.
CBD gummies should be kept in the fridge in an airtight container. With time, they might dry out to the point of being too dense and chewy if exposed to air. Thus, you shouldn’t keep them out for more than a day if you want them to have their best texture.